Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kimono Kids

Karen Giron has another great Sweet Sunday Sketch (SSSC104) for us this week, and I decided to combine it with another challenge to flex my creative skills *wink*.  I've found a fun site called Our Creative Corner and they have a Cut It Out challenge this week, where you can do anything that involves fiddly cutting.  

Here's the sketch:












And here's my card:


















I received a new order of Stampin Up! supplies on Friday, including this cute stamp set Kimono Kids.  I stamped these cuties in Momento Tuxedo Black and coloured them in my watercolour pencils before cutting them out and popping them up on foam dots.  A row of KaiserCraft rhinestones in the corner and one in the centre of a punch flower and I was finished.

I decided to omit the scalloped strip on the sketch from my card becuase i just couldn't get it to work with my layout.

Thanks for visiting :)
Sheryl

Supplies:
Cardstock & Paper: Marina Mist, Perfect Plum, Rose Red, Subtles dsp (SU!), Pink (Bazzill)

Stamps: Kimono Kids (SU!) 
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Other: Flower punch (CarlaCraft), Rhinestones (Kaisercraft), foam dots, water colour penicls

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Those kids are adorable! Love h ow you cut them out and colored them in. Thanks for playing with us for the "Cut It Out" challenge at the OCC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl, I love your layout. It looks very versatile, and your colors are soo pretty together! And those two little girls are just so cute!
    Thank you for playing in our challenge over @ OCC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!