Monday, March 14, 2011

Friday Mashup!

Wow, it's been awhile since my last post - where does the time go?!!
Over the weekend I found a new challenge blog (well, new to me that is) called Friday Mashup! This week they are running sketch challenge #35 and I was inspired by the clean and simple design so decided to participate.   

Here's the sketch:














Here's what i did with it:





















I love the way this one turned out, even though it was a struggle for me to leave so much blank space - I was tempted to fill it up somehow.  I'm glad I resisted urge though!  I stuck pretty much exactly to the sketch, without going off on any creative tangents :) 

My scallop punch creates quite small scallops and I wanted something bigger for this card so I created the strip by cutting a scallop square nestability and trimming off one side.

The colours are Wild Wasabi and Certainly Celery - such a soothing combo together - and the black button is just one from my stash (off some skirt or another hehe) which I threaded with a strip of cardstock.

The stamped dragonfly is from KaiserCraft and I coloured it in with my water colour pencils before cutting out with a classic circle nestie and popping it up on a foam dot.

Thanks so much for stopping in today.  I'd love to know what you think.
Sheryl

Supplies:
Cardstock & Paper: Wild Wasabi, Subtles DSP (SU!)

Ribbon: Certainly Celery (SU!)
Stamps: Dragonfly (Kaisercraft)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Other: circle nestabilities, square scallop nestabilites, black button, foam dot

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to The Mashup! Sheryl, glad you decided to join us.. Great take on the sketch.. That dragonfly is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the clean simplicity of your card. It's very cute. I'm glad you decided to participate in our Friday Mashup! blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. The clean simplicity of it is lovely and refreshing. That dragonfly is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!