Saturday, January 29, 2011

Friday Sketchers Challenge

Hooray it's a long weekend, and we're staying around home which means extra time for making cards and scrapbooking!!  I found a great sketch online yesterday at Friday Sketchers so thought I'd give it a crack.  The prize is a voucher for My Favourite Things; I've been eyeing up their gorgeous stamps and dies for ages!

Here's the sketch:














And here's my take:




















I really enjoyed working with this sketch.  I love the detail in this Inkadinkado stamp, it's a fun one to colour in.  The sentiment strip says "Thanks", it's clear-embossed and looks a little hard to read in the photograph but it's fine IRL.  I thought this would be a great card to give to a neighbour or friend to say thanks for collecting the mail when we've been away on holiday.

Right, i'm off to enjoy more time playing in my studio!
Thanks for stopping in.
Sheryl

Supplies:
Cardstock & Paper: Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie (SU!), White, Washington Apple DSP (SU!)

Stamps: Don't know the name of the beach scene stamp (Inkadinkado), Sentiment is from Fruit Stand (Technique Tuesday)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Versamark
Other: Flower punch (CarlaCraft), Eyelet (SU!), clear embossing powder, foam dots

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card!
    love the summer feeling! Thank you for joining us over at FSB!
    hugs,
    Jorunn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!