Thursday, January 20, 2011

Finally a Sweet Sunday!

I've been a huge fan of Karen Giron's fabulous papercrafting for a while now - hers was one of the first blogs I found when I started cardmaking and I was (and still am!) totally in awe of her talent.  This is the first time i've participated in one of Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenges, or any challenge for that matter - exciting!

I'm not sure i love the finished layout - the colours I chose are way outside my comfort zone! - but it was fun to make.  I paper pieced the cupcake wrapper and coloured in the top with watercolour pencils.

This Kaisercraft cupcake stamp is one of my favourites, I popped it up on foam dots for a bit of dimension.  I finished the card off with a Riding Hood Red button threaded with a thin sliver of the Pink Pirouette cardstock - fun!

Thanks for checking out my first ever challenge card :)

Have a lovely day.
Sheryl

Supplies:
Cardstock & Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red (SU!)

Stamps: CS719 (Kaisercraft)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Other: circle nestabilities, foam dots, Riding Hood Red Button (SU!), Scollop Edge Punch (SU!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!